Monday, August 27, 2007

Culture Magazine

I am featured in the "Style File" section of the August/September 2007 issue of Culture Magazine, the premier hair fashion magazine in Australia. The photo below, which accompanies the article, was taken by Kylie Coutts at my studio. Here is an excerpt from the article:

How would you describe your style?
I am definitely interested in theatrical and dramatic expression - let it be larger than life.
Define a 'fashion tragedy'?
Somebody who does not try! It's a tragedy to live life without passion.
Who do you think has great style?
John Galliano's recent collection for Dior demonstrates such stylish vision; the whole team must be exceptional. The opening scenes of Madonna's Confessions Tour concert in London took my breath away-mixing tailoring, bondage and equestrian sytle. The music videos of Christina Aguilera also show greating styling.
What do you think is your best feature?
My imagination. I have been accused of living in 'la la' land, but I believe in Unique Beauty and i love being a part of its creation. I'm optimistic-magic does happen and just when you need it! And I'm intuitive and spontaneous, that's a must in our industry.
What are your three tips for feeling great?
1) Prepare good food and share it with others.
2) Dress up! Go on, make the effort.
3) Go to bed early with your lover and don't get out till brunch the next day. Then you can start all over again!



The issue includes an event wrap of Hair Expo 2007. Accompanying the various pictures from our show "The Byrds" is a very flattering review, which I have added to "The Byrds" blog further below.

No comments: